What You Need To Know About Spray Guns
- Familiarise yourself with the application, limitations, and potential hazards peculiar to the spray gun.
- WARNING! Disconnect the spray gun from the air supply before changing accessories, servicing, or performing any maintenance.
- Maintain the spray gun in good condition (use an authorized service agent)
- Replace or repair damaged parts. Use authorized parts only. UnauthorizedKeep the spray gun clean for best and safest performance parts may be dangerous and will invalidate the warranty.
- Ensure that the compressed air system can supply the spray gun air consumption.
- Wear approved safety respiratory protection and safety eye goggles. If spraying isocyanate based finisher, wear approved respirator/ clean air breathing apparatus and cover exposed skin with latex gloves and an impervious hooded coverall.
- Remove ill-fitting clothing. Remove ties, watches, rings, and other loose jewelry and tie back long hair.
- Locate the spray gun in a suitable work area. Keep the area clean and tidy and free from unrelated materials and ensure that there when not in use, ensure that the air supply is turned off adequate ventilation and lighting.
- Keep children and unauthorized persons away from the work area.
- Avoid unintentional operation of the spray gun.
- The spray gun has been treated with an anti-corrosive agent at the factory and MUST be flushed out thoroughly, with thinners, before use.
- DO NOT point spray gun at yourself, other persons, or animals.
- DO NOT direct air from the air hose at yourself, other persons, or animals.
- DO NOT carry the spray gun by the hose, or yank the hose from the air supply.
- DO NOT exceed the maximum air pressure of 70psi.
- DO NOT use the spray gun for any purpose other than that for which it is designed.
- DO NOT allow untrained persons to operate the spray gun.
- DO NOT get the spray gun wet or use in damp or wet locations or in areas where there is condensation.
- DO NOT operate the spray gun if any parts are missing or damaged as this may cause failure and/or personal injury.
- When not in use, disconnect the spray gun from the air supply, clean thoroughly, and store safely.
2. AIR SUPPLY
- Ensure spray gun air valve (or trigger) is in the off position before connecting to the air supply.
- You will require air pressure of 50psi, and airflow according to specification.
- WARNING! Ensure the air supply is clean and does not exceed 43psi while operating the spray gun. Too high an air pressure and/or unclean air will shorten the product life due to excessive wear and may be dangerous causing damage and/or personal injury.
- Drain the air tank daily. Water in the airline will ruin the paint finish and damage the spray gun.
- Clean air inlet filter weekly.
- Line pressure should be increased to compensate for unusually long air hoses (over 8 meters). The minimum hose diameter should be 1/4” I.D. and fittings must have the same inside dimensions.
- Keep hose away from heat, oil and sharp edges. Check the hose for wear, and make certain that all connections are secure.
- Vibration may cause failure if a quick change coupling is connected directly to the spray gun. To overcome this, connect a leader hose to the spray gun. A quick change coupling may then be used to connect the leader hose to the airline recoil hose.
- For best results, the gun should be held perpendicular to the surface being sprayed and moved parallel to it. Start the stroke before squeezing the trigger and release the trigger before finishing the stroke. This will enable you to accurately control the gun and material.
- Spray from a distance of about 6 to 10 inches depending on the material and the atomizing pressure. The material deposited should always be even and wet. Each stroke must overlap the preceding stroke to obtain a uniform finish. To reduce over-spray and obtain maximum efficiency, spray with the lowest possible atomizing air pressure.
- Controlling the fan spray and the fluid.
a) Use the needle (paint) adjustment knob to increase or decrease the amount of paint flow.
b) The atomizing air flow is controlled by a knob. The volume of air input is controlled by the knob.
c) As the width of spray is increased more material must pass through the gun to obtain the same coverage on the increased area.
d) Turn the air nozzle to achieve a horizontal or vertical fan spray. Lock the nozzle with the retaining ring. The spray pattern of the gun is variable from round to flat with all patterns in between. In normal operation, the wings on the nozzle are horizontal. This provides a vertical fan-shaped pattern that gives a maximum uniform and even coverage when moving the gun back and forth, parallel to the work surface.
- FOR OPTIMUM PERFORMANCE IT IS VERY IMPORTANT TO ENSURE THE GUN IS CORRECTLY CLEANED AFTER EACH USE.
- WARNING! Disconnect from the air supply before attempting any cleaning or maintenance.
- Immerse the front end of the gun only in the solvent. The solvent should just cover the fluid connection
- Use a bristle brush and solvent to wash off accumulated paint.
- DO NOT immerse the entire gun in solvent as this will cause lubricants on the rubber seals to dissolve. The dirty solvent may also clog narrow passages in the gun.
- Flush the gun through with a clean solvent.
- Wipe the outside of the gun with a dampened solvent rag.
- AIR NOZZLE, FLUID NOZZLE, AND NEEDLE ASSEMBLY.
a) To clean the nozzles, soak them in the solvent to dissolve any dried material then blow them clean with air. Handle all nozzles carefully and DO NOT make any alterations in the gun.
b) If you need to probe the holes in the nozzles, be sure to use a tool that is softer than brass; DO NOT use metal instruments.
c)Adjust the fluid needle valve so that when the gun is triggered, airflow occurs before fluid flow.
- Take care when re-assembling. Screw parts hand tight to avoid cross-threading. If a part cannot easily be turned by hand, check that you have the correct part, or unscrew, realign and try again. DO NOT use excessive force when re-assembling.
- Lubricate the gun daily with light machine oil.
- If you change the nozzle size, ensure the complete nozzle set is exchanged. Insert paint nozzle before putting the paint needle in.
Sample Block Quote
Nam tempus turpis at metus scelerisque placerat nulla deumantos sollicitudin delos felis. Pellentesque diam dolor an elementum et lobortis at mollis ut risus. Curabitur semper sagittis mino de condimentum.